Thank you for applying for a position at the NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl. Please send a resume and cover letter to Del@novaarizonabowl.com. A representative from our staff will be in touch with you, should you move forward in the hiring process.
NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Our non-profit, community based, college bowl game needs a Director of Bowl Services with excellent time management skills and a proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious goals. We’re looking for a candidate with considerable sports events experience who can manage detail, ambiguity, and execute large scale sports/events operation projects. You will handle events from start to finish, partner with a dedicated in-house staff, external vendors and community partners. Our ideal candidate holds a bachelor’s degree and has successfully worked on events with 500 to 50,000 attendees and has a great deal of self-sufficiency in accomplishing their duties. Candidate must also have a proven ability to work with and create Social Media opportunities on behalf of the NHLAB.
Director of Bowl Services Responsibilities
- Under the direction of an Executive Director and Chief Operations Officer,
- Help plan, resource, and execute large scale sport and community related events.
- Adhere to an operations budget and meet financial targets
- Follow project plans with multiple deliverables, timelines, detail
- Produce, script, plan, and execute a college bowl game
- Partner with conference and university team clients to insure all aspects of the bowl experience are of the highest quality
- Manage event set up, tear down and follow-ups
- Establish standardized event procedures and train community partners and volunteers to properly execute them
- Oversee all Social Media Platforms related the NHLAB
- A) Create a weekly post schedule for Twitter
- B) Seek opportunities within Facebook to boost post with paid elements and support
- C) Track Social Media Analytics across all platforms
- Prepare and produce 2019 Game Program
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Director of Bowl Services skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, or related field
- 3+ years operations experience
- 3+ years sports event management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Refined ability to lead community partners and volunteers
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills (bilingual a plus)
- Possession of key competencies, including communication, conflict management, organization and business judgment
- Capable of working with internal and external teams and partners
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, multiple deliverables
- Able to manage work-life balance to support organization needs including working travel, holidays, weekends, evenings, and 80+hour work weeks during primary events.
- Proven track record posting, and serving as an administrator on Social Media Platforms
To apply for this job email your details to Del@novaarizonabowl.com